Canada House on Trafalgar Square is set to celebrate the best in new Canadian design talent ahead of London Fashion Week (LFW 18) with a special “ Cocktails and Curated Collections from Canada” showcase.
The High Commission of Canada to the United Kingdom is delighted to be partnering with the world’s original fashion incubator, the Toronto Fashion Incubator (TFI) and the City of Toronto to bring Canadian design talent to London. The showcase takes place the evening of February 15, 2018 at Canada House. This event marks an exciting new entrée into London for Canadian design and features fall and winter collections from some of the country’s most talked-about designers, many of whom are bringing their collections to the UK for the first time.
- Alan Anderson: Encouraging random acts of glamour every day, Canadian designer Alan Anderson creates one-of-a-kind statement jewellery using vintage raw materials and stones.
- Miriam Baker: Timeless designs embodying understated elegance, particularly geared towards women with larger busts, Miriam Baker won the prestigious Suzanne Rogers Award for Most Promising New Label and was featured as a designer to watch in Flare magazine.
- Barcelona Collective: Beautiful and uncompromisingly pragmatic shoes, designed with internal architecture creating a shoe that works from day to night with the added bonus of being machine washable.
- Angela DeMontigny: An internationally-renowned, Canadian First Nations designer, DeMontigny’s collections showcase elegant examples of her heritage, made in luscious leather and suede with exciting finishes such as metallic with fringe, cutwork and hand beading details.
- Elama: Sophisticated fashion-forward recycled fur and outerwear pieces handcrafted in Canada, using the highest-quality materials to offer ultimate luxury.
- Hilary MacMillan: A contemporary Canadian womenswear brand focused on creating wearable designs for adventurous and fashion aware women through a tailored fit, bold prints and inspired fabrics.
- Mondselle: A jewellery collection that celebrates uniqueness, self-expression, passion, and endurance while merging innovative design with true craftsmanship. All Mondselle products are 3D modelled by the designer and handcrafted in collaboration with true artisans and specialized goldsmiths in Toronto.
- Monoxide: Telling stories through jewellery, Monoxide offers beautiful, handcrafted designs.
Victory of the People: Edgy and innovative jewellery, hand-made of 14k gold and adorned in micro-pavé diamonds that are meant to take you from day to evening.
“There is such a buzz around the designers coming out of Canada these days, and we are so pleased to have the chance to work alongside the Toronto Fashion Incubator and City of Toronto to share some of that spectacular Canadian design talent to the world during London Fashion Week,” says Her Excellency Mrs Janice Charette, High Commissioner of Canada to the United Kingdom.
“We are beyond thrilled to receive this exceptional opportunity to showcase Canadian fashion talent abroad,” says TFI Executive Director, Susan Langdon. “We are extremely grateful to receive support that will enable one of TFI’s signature events to debut during London Fashion Week.”
In addition to the showcase event, buyers, stylists, sales agents and press will have the opportunity to have exclusive sneak peaks at the collections through pre-arranged meetings.